- Apple One is a subscription bundle of Apple streaming, storage, news, and fitness services.
- You can sign up for Apple One on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer.
- There are Apple One plans for individuals, families, and premium users.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Apple One is a single monthly subscription bundle of the company’s popular services.
If you sign up for Apple One, you’ll get Apple Music and Apple TV Plus for streaming, Apple Arcade for gaming, and iCloud for storage. If you opt for the Premier plan, you’ll also get Apple Fitness Plus and Apple News Plus.
The idea is that subscribing to Apple One gives you more for less money. For example, an Apple Music plan is $9.99 a month on its own, but the lowest tier of Apple One (with Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade and 50 GB of iCloud storage) is $14.95 a month. If it’ll save you money, the company’s devices will recommend an Apple One plan when signing up for a second individual service.
You can sign up for Apple One on your iPhone, Mac computer, or iPad, but once you sign up, you’ll be able to access them across your devices. There are several plans depending on what you need.
What to know about Apple One plans
Apple One offers three plans:
- Individual plan ($14.95 per month): You’ll have Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, and 50 GB of iCloud storage. As its name implies, the plan is suited for a single person.
- Family plan ($19.95 per month): You’ll have all the same services as the individual plan, 200 GB of iCloud Storage, and the ability to share your plan with up to five other people. That’s enough for you, your spouse, kids, and grandma, too.
- Premier plan ($29.95 per month): The top-tier plan gives you the same services as the family and individual plans, 2 TB of iCloud Storage, Apple Fitness Plus and Apple News Plus. You can share this plan with up to five other people. If you’re an avid runner, have a family and thousands of files, this plan will suit you.
Pick a plan based on whatever your needs are — you can always upgrade or downgrade your plan later if those needs change.
Remember, any services you aren’t paying for are free the first month of your Apple One plan.
Ways to sign up for Apple One plans
You can sign up for Apple One on your Mac computer, iPhone, or iPad. To get started, you’ll likely need to update your software. On your desktop, go to “System Preferences” and then “Software Update.” Mobile device users can find “Software Update” under Settings.
You can search for Apple One on your iPad or iPhone, or go to your device’s settings. Tap “Account” and then “Manage Subscriptions.”
See our step-by-step guide on how to sign up for Apple One for more information.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to sign up for Apple One, Apple’s bundled subscription service for music, TV, and more
How to listen to audio news stories on your iPhone’s Apple News+ service
How to share passwords with family using the Dashlane password manager, and give up to six people access to your logins
How to leave a Family Sharing plan on an iPhone or iPad, in 2 different ways
How to set up a Family Sharing plan on your iPhone to share apps and more between up to 6 people
How to make a public playlist private on the Apple Music app for desktop and mobile devices