- You can write Amazon reviews on the product page of the item you purchased.
- Once published, you have the option to view, edit, or hide the review from your profile.
- All these actions can be accomplished on either the Amazon desktop website or mobile app.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you buy items through Amazon, writing reviews can not only help other people make informed purchases, but it can also help you keep track of the things that do and don’t work for you.
Once you publish an Amazon review, you can go back in and make changes if, for example, you find that the long-term experience of owning an item is different than the first impression. You can also hide reviews from view if you decide you don’t want other people to see it for any reason.
Here’s what you need to know about writing and editing reviews on the Amazon website and mobile app.
How to write a review on Amazon
You can write reviews on either the desktop website or Amazon Shopping mobile app.
1. Sign in to your Amazon account and navigate to the product you want to rate and review.
2. Scroll down to the Customer reviews section, and under the Review this product headline, click the Write a customer review button.
3. You will then be taken to a page where you leave an overall rating, rate the product features, add a photo, and leave a written review with a headline.
4. Hit Submit at the bottom of the page once you’re satisfied with your review.
1. Open the Amazon Shopping app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android and log in, if needed.
2. Go to the product you wish to review and scroll down and tap Customer Reviews.
3. Tap Write a Review.
4. Add your product review.
5. Tap Submit.
How to view, edit, and delete your reviews on Amazon
If your initial review needs to be changed, you can go back in and edit or delete it — or hide it from your public profile. Here’s how:
1. Log into your Amazon account.
2. Click Accounts & Lists at the top of the screen.
3. On the next page, click Your Amazon profile under the Ordering and shopping preferences section.
4. Scroll down and you’ll see your reviews listed. To edit or delete one, click the three-dot icon at the top-right corner of the review in question.
5. Select Edit review, Delete review, or Hide on my public profile.
1. Open the Amazon Shopping app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the profile icon in the bottom toolbar.
3. Select Your Account.
4. Scroll down and under the Personalized content section, tap Profile.
5. Scroll toward the bottom of the screen and you will see your reviews; tap the three-dot icon beside a review for the option to edit, delete, or hide it from your profile.
6. Tap to select the desired option.