- Amazon Watch Party allows you to watch and chat about your favorite shows and movies simultaneously with friends and family remotely.
- Up to 100 people can watch entertainment and chat simultaneously, but they need to have an Amazon Prime membership to use the feature.
- Watch Party is currently still in beta and only available in select countries.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Finding ways to enjoy fun activities with our loved ones from a distance is more important than ever. Following the swell of interest inWatch Party — now Teleparty — other streaming platforms began releasing their own remote watch tools to help friends and family enjoy their favorite shows and movies while miles apart.
That includes Prime Video’s Amazon Watch Party, a more recent introduction from the streaming platform behind hits like “The Expanse,” “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” “Fleabag,” and “The Boys.” It allows up to 100 people to enjoy their favorite TV show or movie together, watching and chatting simultaneously from wherever they are.
You’ll need an Amazon Prime account to start a Watch Party, and you’ll be limited to streaming titles only from Amazon’s Prime Video library. Luckily, that’s more than 15,000 movies and TV shows to choose from, so there should be something for everyone.
You can host an Amazon Watch Party on all desktop browsers except for Safari and Internet Explorer. At the current time, the feature is not available on mobile devices. It is also currently in beta, meaning you may notice some errors or other issues while using it, even on the devices it’s compatible with.
If you’re interested in starting an Amazon Watch Party, it’s easy — here’s how to do it.
How to use Amazon Watch Party on Prime Video
1. Log into your Amazon account.
2. Go to Amazon’s Prime Video section and search for any title available in the streamer’s library.
3. In the media options, click “Watch Party” to launch the feature.
4. Enter the name you want to use for the chat. This could be your actual name or a screen name of your choice.
5. Once your name is entered, click “Create Watch Party.”
6. To begin inviting friends, share the customized link that appears to the video’s right by copy and pasting it into an email, instant messaging app, or your preferred method of communication.
7. If you prefer, you can also choose to Share directly using Facebook, Twitter, or email.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to use Hulu Watch Party to virtually watch shows or movies with friends
Up to 3 people can watch Amazon Prime Video at once — here’s how it compares to the competition
How to share an Amazon Prime Video account with others by adding adults, teens, or children to your Amazon Household
‘Can you watch Amazon Prime on Roku?’: You can — here’s how to download and watch Prime Video
You can watch HBO content live on Amazon as long as you have Amazon Prime and a HBO subscription – here’s how