- You can unmatch from anyone on Tinder by opening a chat with them and using the Safety Toolkit.
- The person you unmatch from won’t be notified, but you’ll disappear from each other’s Match lists.
- Once you’ve unmatched from someone on Tinder, they won’t appear in your feed anymore.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Tinder has a pretty simple setup: Swipe left to reject someone, and swipe right to match with them. It’s great for browsing casually, but can also lead to some awkward moments if you accidentally make a wrong choice.
Luckily, Tinder lets you unmatch from anyone that you’ve matched with. You’ll just need to open a chat with them.
How to unmatch with someone on Tinder
If you’ve matched with someone — meaning that you’ve both swiped right on each other — you can unmatch on the chat page.
1. Open Tinder and tap the chat icon in the bottom toolbar.
2. Tap the picture of the person you want to unmatch with. If they don’t show up under Messages or New Matches, you can search for them.
3. In the chat window that opens, tap the shield icon in the top-right corner.
4. Tap Unmatch From [Name], then confirm your choice.
Unmatching is permanent. Once you unmatch from someone, they’ll disappear from the Chat page and won’t show up in your feed again.