- On an iPhone or iPad, you can turn off AirPlay from the app you’re streaming by tapping the AirPlay icon and selecting “Turn off AirPlay.”
- To stop mirroring on an iPhone or iPad, go to the Screen Mirroring icon in the Control Center and tap “Stop Mirroring.”
- On a Mac, you can disable AirPlay Screen Mirroring through your “Display Preferences.”
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Apple makes it easy to share your iPhone, iPad or Mac screen byit to another AirPlay-compatible device. But what happens when the presentation is over? It’s not always immediately obvious how to turn off AirPlay. Thankfully, you can do it with just a few clicks or taps.
How to turn off AirPlay on an iPhone or iPad
- If you’re using AirPlay to stream video from an app on your iPhone or iPad, tap the AirPlay icon in the app and choose Turn off AirPlay.
- If you’re using AirPlay to mirror your device, open the Control Center by swiping it down from the top right of the screen (on older devices running iOS 11 or older, swipe up from the bottom of the screen), tap Screen Mirroring and then tap Stop Mirroring.
How to turn off AirPlay on a Mac
1. On a Mac computer, click the Control Center icon at the top right.
2. Click the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. In the pop-up menu, click Display Preferences…
4. At the bottom of the Built-In Retina Display window, click the AirPlay Display menu and choose Off.