- To record a Google Meet video call, you must have a Google Workspace plan.
- You can only record a Google Meet video call using a computer.
- Meeting organizers can share a link to the recording after the meeting is over.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
The ability to record Google Meet video calls is a helpful feature for both businesses and educators. If a coworker couldn’t make a meeting or needs to revisit a point of discussion to take notes, or if a student misses class, they can revisit the recording after the fact.
It’s important to note that this particular feature is limited to specific editions of Google Workspace, which is highlighted in this Google Help article. In short, if you have a standard, run-of-the-mill free Google account that isn’t associated with an organization, you’ll need to sign up for a Google Workspace Individual Plan to record meetings.
In this article, we go over how to record a video onand share the recording.
How to record a video on Google Meet
1. Start or join a meeting.
2. Click the Activities icon on the bottom-right of the screen, then Recording.
3. When you’re ready to record your meeting, click Start recording.
4. In the pop-up window, click Start.
5. When you’re finished recording your meeting, click the Activities icon, then Recording, then Stop recording. In the pop-up window, click Stop recording.
How to share a recorded Google Meet from Google Drive
1. Select the file in, then click the Share icon at the top-right of the screen.
2. Enter the names or email addresses of the people you want to share the Google Meet recording with, then click Send.
3. Alternatively, select the file in Google Drive, then click the Link icon at the top-right of the screen.
4. Copy the link and paste it into an email, chat, or text message.
How to share a recorded Google Meet from email link
1. Open the email and click the link.
2. Click the More icon, then Share.
3. Enter the names or email addresses of the people you want to share the Google Meet recording with, then click Done.