- You can make an Amazon wish list via the desktop website or mobile app.
- Once set up, you’ll see the option to add an item to your wish list when you go to product pages.
- You can delete unwanted lists by viewing your list in the “Lists” section of your Amazon account.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Window shopping may be less common with the rise of online shopping, but that doesn’t mean you’re always ready to buy when you come across a great item. In those situations, a wish list can come in handy. If you shop on Amazon, you can create curated lists in your account to remind yourself about items you want.
Here’s what else you need to know about Amazon wish lists..
How to make an Amazon wish list
You can make a wish list on either the desktop website or mobile app.
1. Go to the Amazon website and log in to your account, if needed.
2. Hover your cursor over the Accounts and Lists tab in the top-right corner of the page and click Create a list.
3. Give your new list a name and hit Create list.
You’ll then be taken to the newly created list page. You can change the settings for your list by hovering over the three-dot icon on that page and hitting Manage list.
From there, you can do things like make the list public or private, assign the list to yourself or an organization, and allow Alexa to add items to the list.
On the mobile app
1. Open the Amazon Shopping app and log into your account, if necessary.
2. Tap the three-line icon.
3. Select Lists.
4. Tap Create a list.
5. Name the new list and tap Create List.
How to add to an Amazon wish list
Once you’ve created your wish list, you can start adding items to it on the desktop website or mobile app.
1. When you see an item you want to add to your list, click it to get to the item page.
2. Select the Add to list button, under the options to add it to your cart. If you have more than one list, select the down-carrot next to that option and select the desired list.
On the mobile app
1. Tap the item you want to add to your list to see the item page.
2. Scroll down and select Add to list.
3. Choose the list you want to add the item to by tapping it.
How to delete an Amazon wish list
1. Go into your Amazon wish list on the website or the mobile app.
2. Click or tap the three-dot icon and select Manage list.
3. Choose Delete list.
4. Hit Yes in the confirmation message.