- Once you log into Yahoo Mail on your device, the app will remember your username and password and keep you signed in.
- If you want to log into multiple Yahoo Mail accounts on your phone, use the Y! icon to open the Manage Accounts option and add a new account.
- If you have trouble logging in, try to recover your username and password. You can also try logging in with another browser or clear your browser’s cookies.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Yahoo is no longer the most popular webmail service — that award belongs to Google’s Gmail — but as recently as 2020, Yahoo Mail boasted 225 million users.
If you count yourself among them, you might need to access your Yahoo Mail account. It’s accessible on your mobile device (both Android and iPhone) and in a web browser on any computer or device. Here’s how to log in.
How to log into Yahoo Mail on a mobile device
If you are using the Yahoo Mail app for the iPhone or for Android, once you sign in you typically stay logged in permanently unless you manually sign yourself out. The process to log in is simple and is the same whether you have an iOS or Android device.
1. Start the Yahoo Mail app. If you’re not yet signed into any mail accounts, you’ll see the Sign In page. Tap Sign in with Yahoo.
2. Type your Yahoo Mail username, email, or mobile phone number associated with the account and tap Next.
3. Enter your password and tap Next.
4. After a moment, you’ll be signed in and taken to the inbox.
If you are already already signed into a Yahoo account but want to log into another, do this:
1. In the Yahoo Mail app, tap the Y! Icon at the top left of the screen.
2. In the menu, tap Manage accounts.
3. Tap Add account. (If you are using an iPhone, you will see a dialog box asking permission to open a browser window — tap Continue.)
4. Enter your Yahoo Mail username, email, or mobile phone number associated with the account and tap Next.
5. Type your password and tap Next.
6. After a moment, you’ll be signed in and taken to the inbox.
How to log into Yahoo Mail on a computer
You can log into Yahoo Mail in a web browser the same way no matter what kind of computer — PC or Mac — you are using. Open a browser and go to mail.yahoo.com. Then do this:
1. Type your Yahoo Mail username, email, or mobile phone number associated with the account and type Next.
2. Type your password and tap Next.
3. After a moment, you’ll be signed in and taken to the inbox.
What to do if you can’t log into Yahoo Mail
There are a handful of reasons why you might have trouble logging into Yahoo Mail. The most common one is that you’ve lost or forgotten your username or password. Thankfully, Yahoo makes it easy to recover your account by resetting your sign-in credentials. On the sign-in page, try this:
- If you don’t know your Yahoo username or Yahoo email address, tap Forgot username? under the Next button. On the next page, you can enter your recovery email address (another email address you have previously associated with the account) or phone number, then tap Continue and follow the instructions to log in.
- Similarly, if you don’t know your password, tap Forgot Password? under the Next button and follow the directions to reset your password and log in.
You might also see an invalid ID or password error when trying to sign in. There are a few common fixes:
- This usually means you’ve made some sort of typo when entering your credentials. Double-check your spelling, making sure you’re using the right capitalization and not confusing similar characters, such as I, L, and 1.
- If the problem persists, try logging in on a different device or use a different web browser.
- If you’re using your browser’s autofill tool, disable it and enter the username and password manually.
- You can also try to reset your password using the Forgot password? link. It’s possible you changed the password at some point in the past and didn’t record the change.
If your sign-in isn’t working, but you’re not seeing an error message — the page just reloads after you enter your username and password — you might need to clear your browser’s cookies. To do that, see how to clear your cookies in Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari.