- You can invite people to Disney Plus GroupWatch sessions via email, social media, or text messages.
- Anyone you invite to a Disney Plus GroupWatch will need to have their own Disney Plus account.
- You can join a Disney Plus GroupWatch on your computer or mobile device by clicking a link.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
With social distancing measures likely in place for the foreseeable future, media companies have jumped on the opportunity to help you and your loved ones enjoy your favorite entertainment even when you can’t be in the same place.
DisneyPlus is no exception — their GroupWatch feature allows account holders to watch the same movie or TV show across multiple accounts at once, across devices. And GroupWatch will make sure every stream is synced to the exact same second, so no one is left behind.
Here’s how to invite friends and family to a Disney Plus GroupWatch.
How to invite people to a Disney Plus GroupWatch
1. Log into the DisneyPlus website or app with your username and password.
2. Select the film, show, or short you want to watch. You can select a show from Disney Plus’ homepage, or search for one.
3. On the title’s detail page, click the GroupWatch icon.
4. Click the “+” button on the GroupWatch page to get a link to the session.
5. Copy the link.
Now that you have the link to your GroupWatch, you’ll have to share it with the people that you want to invite. Just remember that anyone you share it with needs to have a Disney Plus account — up to seven people (including yourself) can join a single GroupWatch, and up to four people can join from a single Disney Plus account that’s logged in on different devices.
There are a few different ways to share a GroupWatch link, but all them boil down to one basic concept: Just send people a message with the link pasted into it.
Once invitations have been sent, your guests will need to accept the invite by clicking on the link and logging into their Disney Plus account. Once they’ve joined, you can start the stream. Everyone will be synced up with everyone else.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to host a Disney Plus GroupWatch and invite your friends and family to a virtual watch party
How to use Disney Plus GroupWatch emoji reactions while streaming remotely with friends and family
How to change the audio language or subtitles in a Disney Plus GroupWatch
Here’s how many people can join a GroupWatch on Disney Plus to stream shows and movies together remotely
How to get Disney Plus on your TV no matter what kind of TV or streaming device you have