- You can get rid of ads on Peacock by subscribing to its ad-free Premium Plus plan.
- Peacock is a streaming service with three subscription tiers.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Peacock is a big competitor in the streaming wars, allowing you to stream a ton of NBCUniversal content for free. For a fee, you can stream additional content, including shows and films from NBCUniversal’s partners.
At the top tier of its subscription plans, Premium Plus, you can stream without ads for $9.99 a month or $99.99 for a year’s subscription. If you don’t choose the top tier initially, you can always upgrade to it later.
A Premium Plus subscription is all that is necessary to get rid of commercials on the streaming service, and you can upgrade on your computer, your smartphone, or a streaming device.
How to get rid of ads on Peacock using a computer
Getting rid of ads on Peacock is as easy as subscribing to Premium Plus.
1. Sign into your Peacock account.
2. Click on the Account link.
3. Click on “Plans & Payment.”
4. Click on “Upgrade to Premium.”
5. On the next page, click on “Start 7-Day Free Trial” under Peacock Premium Plus.
How to get rid of ads on Peacock using a smartphone
1. Open your Peacock app and sign in.
2. Tap on your account, accessed through the symbol on the upper-right corner.
3. Tap on “Upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus.”
4. It will reconfirm your form of payment and the details of the subscription. Tap to approve.
How to get rid of ads on Peacock using a streaming device
1. Open the Peacock app on your streaming device.
2. You should automatically be signed into your account. If not, sign in, or open a new account.
3. Click on your account info icon in the upper-right corner.
4. Under the list plans, select “Peacock Premium Plus.”
5. It will ask you to reconfirm your email and payment by entering your password.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to make a Peacock account to stream ‘The Office’ and other NBC shows
How to watch Peacock and stream your favorite NBC shows like ‘The Office’
How to watch Peacock TV for free, including the first seasons of ‘The Office’
How to get an Apple TV+ subscription and free trial, so that you can watch award-winning original shows and movies
How to get rid of ads on Hulu by upgrading to the ad-free subscription plan