- While the Apple TV+ channel works with most Roku devices, some older models are incompatible.
- You can see what Roku model you own from the device’s “About” menu.
- An Apple TV+ subscription unlocks original shows like “Ted Lasso,” which you can then watch on any device that supports the Apple TV app.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Apple has jumped into thebusiness with both feet, producing a steady stream of original programming like “The Morning Show,” “Ted Lasso,” and “The Problem with John Stewart” for its Apple TV+ subscription service.
While it would be reasonable to assume that Apple would keep all this original content exclusive to its Apple TV media players, that’s not the case at all — you can install the Apple TV app on most Roku players.
Is my Roku compatible with Apple TV Plus?
The Apple TV app is available on many Roku models. The app provides access to a wide variety of content, including the optional Apple TV+ subscription service (though you’ll need to pay $5 per month for that).
The following Roku models are compatible with the Apple TV app:
7000x, C000x, 8000x, A000x, 6000x
Roku Streambar Pro
Roku Smart Soundbar
onn Roku Smart Soundbar
Roku Express 4K+
Roku Streaming Stick
Roku Streaming Stick+
Roku Streaming Stick 4K
Roku Streaming Stick 4K+
4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, 4800
Roku Ultra LT
To see which model Roku player you own, do this:
1. Using the Roku remote, select Settings.
2. Select System.
3. Select About, and you’ll see your model number at the top of the screen.
Alternatively, you can simply try to install the Apple TV app on your Roku (see the next section for details). If it’s compatible, you’ll see the Apple TV app in the channel list; if it’s not compatible, you won’t see the app or be able to install it.
How to get Apple TV Plus on Roku
1. Using your Roku remote, press the Home button.
2. Select Search.
3. Search for “Apple.” When “Apple TV” appears in the search results, select it and then select Add Channel.
4. After the app is installed, select OK.
5. Press the Home button again.
6. Find Apple TV in the list of installed channels and select it. If you watch it frequently, you can rearrange the order of the channels to position Apple TV closer to the top of the list.
You can also install Apple TV from the Roku Channel Store website. Go to the Apple TV channel page and click Add Channel. Afterwards, it will automatically appear on your Roku home screen on your Roku player.