- Spotify comes preinstalled on most Roku players, so you only need to open the app to start listening.
- If your Roku player is very old, it might not work with Spotify — you need to have a model 3600 (the Streaming Stick from 2016) or newer.
- If Spotify isn’t already on your player but it’s compatible, you can install it using the Roku player, the mobile app, or the Channel Store on the web.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Spotify has become the FM radio of the modern age. Whether you subscribe to Spotify or listen for free (with advertisements), you probably listen to its catalog of millions of songs on your phone, in a web browser, and elsewhere.
Spotify is also available on Roku, which means you can dial into your favorite music in the living room from your TV.
Why can’t I find Spotify on Roku?
Spotify is available on all Roku TVs and allplayers from the Roku model 3600 (the Roku Streaming Stick released in 2016) and later. So if you don’t see Spotify, there are two possible reasons:
- You have an old Roku device that pre-dates the model 3600.
- The Spotify app isn’t currently installed on your Roku, and you simply need to install it from the Roku Channel Store.
If you don’t know what model Roku player you own, you can check:
1. Using the Roku remote, select Settings.
2. Select System.
3. Select About.
You can see your model number at the top of the screen. You should have access to Spotify if you have model 3600 or higher.
How to add Spotify to Roku
By default, Spotify comes preinstalled on most Roku players, but if it’s not installed, it’s easy to get from the Channel Store.
1. Using your Roku remote, press the Home button.
2. Select Search.
3. Search for “Spotify.” When it appears in the search results, select it and then select Add Channel. If you’ve enabled the Roku PIN, you’ll need to enter your PIN to install the app.
4. After the app is installed, select OK.
5. Press the Home button again.
6. Find Spotify in the list of installed channels and select it. If you run Spotify frequently, you can rearrange the order of the channels to position Spotify closer to the top of the list.
How to add Spotify from the Roku app
1. Open the Roku app on your mobile device.
2. If you’re not on the Home screen, tap Home in the tabs at the bottom of the screen.
3. At the top of the screen, type “Spotify” in the search field and tap Spotify Music when you see it appear in the search results.
4. On Spotify’s details page, tap Add Channel. If you’ve enabled the Roku PIN, you’ll need to enter your PIN to install the app.
5. On the Channel added pop-up, tap Ok.
6. After a few moments, the app will be installed on your Roku player. You can now find Spotify in the channel list on the mobile app and on the homepage of the Roku player.
How to add Spotify from Roku on web browser
1. Go to the Roku Channel Store in a web browser and log in to your Roku account.
2. In the Search channels field at the top of the page, type “Spotify” and press Enter.
3. Find Spotify in the search results and click Details.
4. On Spotify’s details page, click Add channel. After a moment, the button should change to Installed.
5. It might take a few minutes, but the app will now be installed on your Roku player. You can find Spotify on the homepage of the Roku player.