- To permanently delete your Twitch account, login and head to the Delete Account page.
- You can also disable your Twitch account, which is temporary, and you can enable it again.
- You can only delete or disable your account from the Twitch web browser.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you aren’t intoanymore, or you’re just trying to prune accounts you don’t use much, it’s easy to delete your Twitch account.
However, be aware that deleting your Twitch account permanently erases all of your content. This includes any highlights, clips, saved videos, and settings, as well as any personal information like your user ID.
If this isn’t what you want, there is another option — disabling your account. Disabling your Twitch account effectively deactivates your account, but doesn’t delete your user information. Plus, if you change your mind later, you can log back in to reverse the process.
Either way, here’s how to get it done, using any internet browser on your Mac or PC.
Before deleting or disabling your account
Before you proceed to deleting or disabling your Twitch account there are a few things that you should consider taking care of. These are optional, so if you see no need, you can skip them entirely.
Firstly, inform your followers ahead of time that your Twitch account will be gone and the reason why. If it’s temporary, let them know when you’ll be returning. And if you’re moving to a new channel, you should tell them where to find you next.
Secondly, since disabling means that your information will remain, you should delete anything sensitive that’s linked to your account, like your payment methods.
How to delete your Twitch account
1. Go to twitch.tv and sign into your account, if needed.
2. Head to “https://www.twitch.tv/user/delete-account” by clicking this link, or by pasting it into your address bar.
3. Enter the reason for deleting your account (this is a requirement) and then select Delete account.
Once your request has been processed, your account will be erased forever.
How to disable your Twitch account
If you prefer to go with the disabling option, here’s how to do it:
1. Go to twitch.tv and sign into your account, if necessary.
2. Click your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen, and then select Settings.
3. Under the Profile tab, scroll down until you get to the Disabling Your Twitch Account section. Then, click on the Disable Account link to head to the Disable Account page.
4. On the Disable Account page, enter a reason for disabling your account (it’s not a requirement). Then click on the Disable Account button to disable your account for the time being.
If you later change your mind and want the account back, simply head to twitch.tv again and log in. You’ll be asked if you want to reactivate your account.