- You can change your Google Home’s Wi-Fi network using the Google Home mobile app.
- When you change the Wi-Fi through your Google Home app, every Google device connected to that network will change as well.
- To change your Google Home’s Wi-Fi network, you will need to forget the current network connected to it in the app.
- Visit Business Insider’s Homepage for more stories.
A Google Home can be a helpful personal assistant, and is a convenient way to connect all of the smart devices in your home.
Once your devices are connected to your Google Home, you can control them all from your phone via the Google Home app, or through a few simple voice commands.
In order for your Google Home system to do this, it has to be hooked up to a working Wi-Fi network. If for any reason you need to change your Wi-Fi network, you can do so in the Google Home app.
Be aware, though, that once you change your Google Home’s network, every Google device connected to the Home will have their network change too.
Here’s how to change the Wi-Fi network of your Google Home.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Google Home (From $99.99 at Best Buy)
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $859.99 at Walmart)
How to change the Wi-Fi network on your Google Home
1. Open the Google Home app on your iPhone or Android phone.
2. Tap on the name of your Google Home device.
3. Tap the settings button in the upper right corner of the screen. It’s the one shaped like a gear, second from the right.
4. Tap “Wi-Fi.” It should be second from the bottom on the list of options.
5. Tap the red “Forget This Network” button. You will then be taken back to the app’s home screen.
You can now follow these instructions to set up your Google Home on a different Wi-Fi network.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
‘What is a Google Home Hub?’: Everything you need to know about the Google smart device that can help you navigate daily life
Yes, your Google Home can make phone calls — here’s everything you need to know
You can’t change the name your Google Home responds to, but you can change the device’s name in the app — here’s how
How to use your Google Home device as a music speaker in 2 different ways
How to stop your Google Home from listening to you and storing your audio data