- You can cast a Google Meet video call from your computer to your TV if you have a Chromecast or Nest device.
- You can start casting a Google Meeting to your TV before or during the meeting itself.
- When casting, your TV will display the video for the Google Meeting, but you’ll still be communicating through your computer’s webcam and microphone.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Did you know that you can cast your Google Meet video call to your TV?
All you need is a computer, a TV, and a Chromecast or Nest device set up with casting enabled.
Here’s how to cast yourvideo.
How to cast your Google Meet video before you’ve joined the meeting
1. From the “waiting room” area, before you’ve joined the Google Meeting, click on “Cast this meeting,” which is located underneath the “Join now” and “Present” buttons.
- If this option does not appear, check to make sure your Chromecast or Nest device is working properly and paired with your computer.
2. A pop-up will appear in the upper right corner of your web browser, showing a list of all available casting devices. In the pop-up, click on the device you wish to cast to.
- If the device doesn’t appear or lists a message saying “Source not supported,” double-check that your Chromecast or Nest device is working properly and is set up for casting to the device you wish to cast to.
How to cast your Google Meet video while already in a Google Meeting
1. In the bottom right corner of your computer screen, click on the three vertical dots to open a menu.
2. In the menu that appears, click on “Cast this meeting.”
3. A pop-up will appear in the upper right corner of your web browser, showing a list of all available casting devices. In the pop-up, click on the device you wish to cast to.
- Again, if the device doesn’t appear, or if you see a message saying “Source not supported,” check that your Chromecast or Nest device is working and set up for casting to the device in question.
Now you can join your Google Meeting and view its video on your TV. Keep in mind that you’ll still be using your computer to project your own video and audio – only your display will shift to the TV.
To stop casting your Google Meeting, click on the three vertical dots in the bottom right corner of your screen, then click “Stop casting meeting” in the menu that appears.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to cast content on Amazon Prime Video from an Android to your smart TV
‘What is Google Meet?’: A guide to Google’s video-chatting service, including pricing options and how to join a meeting
How to present in Google Meet to share your computer or phone screen with meeting members
How to use Google Meet on your iPhone to start or join a meeting, and access special features during a meeting
How to record a Google Meet video call in 5 steps, to rewatch or share the meeting later