- You can cancel a SoundCloud Go subscription through the desktop website in your account’s “Subscription” menu.
- If you purchased SoundCloud Go through your smartphone, you’ll need to cancel using your Apple ID or Google Play Store app.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
SoundCloud Go is a subscription-based music service that lets you to play SoundCloud music without ads and listen to your collection offline. SoundCloud Go is available with a seven day trial for $4.99 a month.
SoundCloud also offers another subscription service: SoundCloud Go+, which includes even more features, like access to their full catalog and higher-quality audio. SoundCloud Go+ is $9.99 with a 30-day free trial.
It’s easy to cancel SoundCloud Go or Go+ if you’re not getting your money’s worth or prefer a different music service. But as with many other subscription services, just deleting the app won’t stop you from being charged.
If you want to cancel a SoundCloud Go plan, you’ll likely have to go through your account page online, not through the mobile app.
The only exception to this is if you signed up for SoundCloud Go using the mobile app — in that case, you’ll have to cancel on your phone.
Here’s how to do both.
How to cancel SoundCloud Go through a web browser
If you originally signed up for Go using the website, this is the way to go.
1. Open a web browser window and go to soundcloud.com on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.
2. Once you’ve signed in, click the three dots at the top-right and select “Subscription.”
3. Click the “Edit” button, represented by the pen icon.
4. On the pop-up window below “Current plan,” choose “Opt-out of your subscription renewal.”
5. On the following page, confirm your cancellation by clicking “Confirm and cancel plan.”
How to cancel SoundCloud Go on a smartphone
If you signed up for SoundCloud Go through the iPhone or Android app, you’ll probably have to cancel through another method.
On an iPhone, you’ll have to open up your phone’s “Subscriptions” menu, which can be found in the Settings app. Check out our article, “How to cancel subscriptions on your iPhone through the Settings app” for more information.
If you’re using an Android, you’ll need to go through the Google Play Store app. See our article, “How to cancel subscriptions on an Android device using the Google Play Store” for a full guide.
How to confirm your subscription has been canceled
You can verify that your subscription is canceled by navigating back into the “Subscription” section of your account on the SoundCloud website.
Below “SoundCloud Go” and “Offline and ad-free listening,” you should see a line that says “Expires on” with the date your subscription will expire. This means you’re no longer being charged.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to delete your SoundCloud account, along with all of your uploaded music and playlists
How to download SoundCloud songs from the website onto your computer, or from the mobile app with SoundCloud Go
How to make a playlist on SoundCloud to organize all your favorite music and podcasts
How to change your SoundCloud username or profile URL, and give yourself a rebrand
How to cancel a Spotify Premium subscription on an Android device
How to cancel your Spotify Premium account on an iPhone in 2 ways (though you can’t do it through the Spotify app)