- You can use a Chromecast-enabled device to listen to Apple Music as long as you have an Apple ID and an Apple Music subscription.
- To cast your favorite Apple Music podcasts, radio channels, and curated playlists using Android devices and Chromebooks, they will need to meet model and software specifications.
- Before casting your Apple Music library, make sure your smartphone or tablet with the Apple Music app are on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Android and Google device users no longer need to envy their Apple iOS-supported friends. You can now play the millions of songs in the Apple Music library, along with the app’s podcasts, albums, and radio channels through yourdevice. Both Android and iOS users can also sync their Apple Music app to a Google Home or Android Smart TV.
To connect your Apple Music account to your Android and iOS devices, you’ll need a subscription to Apple Music, and you’ll need to be logged in to the same Apple ID across your various devices. Finally, for Android users, your phone or tablet will need to be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later. For those using a Chromebook, it will have to be a model that supports downloading Android apps. You will also need a later version of a Chromecast or Google home device that supports audio.
Here’s how to listen to your Apple Music library using your Android and Google devices.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $699.99 at Walmart)
iPad (From $329.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 ($649.99 at Amazon)
HP Chromebook (From $249 at HP)
How to cast the Apple Music app using your Android and Google devices
1. Download the Apple Music app from the Google Play Store if you haven’t already.
2. Open Apple Music on your Chromebook or Android-based phone or tablet.
3. Locate the media you want to play and begin streaming it.
4. While it’s playing, tap the song, podcast, or radio channel at the bottom of your screen
5. Towards the bottom of the player, locate the Casting icon, and tap it.
6. Select the Chromecast or other Google device you want to connect Apple Music to.
7. You can also cast your device without playing a song by selecting the Cast icon at the top of the app screen.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to use Google Chromecast on your iPhone, for streaming video, audio, and images to your TV or another display
How to play Apple Music using Alexa on your Amazon Echo speaker
Yes, you can get Apple Music on an Android device — here’s how to download and set it up
How to share an Apple Music playlist on your computer or mobile device
How to use Chromecast and Spotify to turn your TV into a personalized jukebox, with lyrics and album art onscreen